Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Some times you feel like a Yup

So tomorrow will be my first day on payroll as a full time teacher at George Rogers Clark Elementary School. I will be teaching students from the 6th-8th grades in social studies as well as a class in writing and a class called Reading 180. Mr. Monroe will be my alias while in the school for those of you who don't already know.

Due to the fact that this is a paid position, I now technically qualify as a "professional" teacher. And given that I am young and live in the city of Chicago I am also a "young urban." These characterizations do not make me happy. I now live in a world in which exercising, drinking San Pellegrino, and walking a dog that is too big for my apartment are the norm. Gone are my days of semi-unemployment and comfort bumming around the city every weekday and freakin weekend. No longer will I spend my pay days walking in the sun and rain, but I must now work straight through them or PD the heck out of the day. My bank account may subsequently die from a lack of activity. It typically expects constant and unabashed losses.

So put up your micro brewed beer that no one has heard of and few care to drink and toast to Mr. Monroe for his entrance into the life of a yuppie.

No comments:

Post a Comment