Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Going to Win in 010

Baseball season is upon us and I am terribly excited to be a Cubs fan. Saw a picture of Geo Soto today (my brother's namesake might I add) and the man is looking terrific. Seems as if he put down the pizzas and Pepsis and got himself on a diet worthy of a 1 time All Star catcher. Being a Cubs fan is never particularly easy (as any talk radio show will tell you), but I happen to be a realistic optimist. When assessing last year, I fail to see the doom and gloom that plagued the minds and hearts of the drunken Cubbie faithful. If you want to be really honest about looking at last year it comes down to the injuries. Milton was banged up. As was Aramis, Soriano, and the formerly size 54 pant Geo Soto. While every team battles injuries, it is the Cubs' record last year that actually gives me hope. Everything that could have possibly went wrong last year went wrong and we still finished above 500. Although Big George in NYC wouldn't accept that record, it does not change the fact that we cold keep our heads above water while being drowned by the injury predator. Perhaps this year isn't the year for my guys, but I have a feeling that this year will be more akin to 2008 than 09. Cue the Steve Goodman song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gS3llgyGZ68

No comments:

Post a Comment